If you’re seeking an orthodontist near Grain Valley, MO for you or your child, then don’t make a commitment too quickly; every orthodontist is different. Some may prefer to use a specific treatment plan over others, and some may charge their patients more for treatments more than other orthodontists do.
Orthodontics treatment near Grain Valley, MO (especially with traditional metal braces) means that you’re making a big commitment for multiple years, so we understand the importance of doing your research. Be sure to search for and select the orthodontist that meets your individual needs and criteria. Dr. Heidi Harman of Heidi Harman Orthodontics is here today to help you choose the right orthodontist near Grain Valley, MO.
Ask your family, friends, and Dr. Heidi Harman.
The first step to finding the right orthodontist for you is to simply ask around. You can always ask friends or family if they know about a good Heidi Harman Orthodontics that they might’ve used for their treatment. Your family’s dentist also can help point you in the right direction. Dentists usually are knowledgeable about the other dentists and orthodontists in your area. Once you’ve considered your options and have narrowed it down to a few orthodontia providers near Grain Valley, MO, you should call to ask them a few questions. Their answers will be helpful in determining if their practice is right for you.
There are several questions that you should ask your prospective providers.
- What are the possibilities of orthodontic treatment?
- What treatment options do you offer?
- How often will visits take place?
- How long will treatment last?
- What are your office hours? (Many orthodontists have limited hours, meaning that working parents may have to take time off or kids will have to be taken out of school.)
- How many orthodontists work in your office?
- How long have you been in Heidi Harman Orthodontics?
- What is the cost of treatment, and how do you determine the cost?
- What insurance plans do you accept?
- Do you offer a free consultation?
- Can you provide references from current or past patients?
- Is the orthodontist using the most recent technology in their procedures?
Be aware of your surroundings.
Pay attention to the office around you and remember to take mental notes on what you see and experience. Are the office staff and hygienists friendly? Is the office staff professional? Are they flexible to work with? Are the orthodontist and office accessible for advice or emergencies?
Think about what type of orthodontic treatments are available to you.
Most orthodontists offer four main treatment options.
- Metal braces are the traditional and most common option. They are most often used for children under 12 years of age.
- Ceramic braces are clear or tooth-colored and are usually self-ligating. They work the same as metal braces, but are much less visible making them more popular with adults. However, they cost more than traditional braces.
- Lingual braces are the most inconspicuous as they are fixed to the back of (behind) the teeth, enabling them to remain completely unseen. The downside to lingual braces is that they are usually much more expensive, and very few orthodontists offer them due to the associated costs and longer treatment time.
- Clear aligner systems like Invisalign are made of smooth plastic, are virtually invisible, and can be taken out to eat, brush, and floss. One big advantage to aligners is that they are now practically the same cost as traditional metal or ceramic braces. However, they are only used in treatment for teens and adults.
If you’re an adult looking to restore your or your child’s sparkling, beautiful smile, then look no further than Dr. Heidi Harman at Heidi Harman Orthodontics near Grain Valley, MO. To schedule a consultation with the Heidi Harman Orthodontics team, call them today at: 816-326-8944