The discouraging connotation surrounding braces that implies that they’re solely for kids and teens has kept the idea of adult orthodontic treatment on the outskirts of many adult’s minds in Overland Park, KS. Invisalign®, however, is becoming increasingly popular within the adult demographic, and at H2Orthodontics we encourage adult orthodontic treatment.
Here are a few key points to keep in mind in preparing for orthodontic treatment:
1. If you have sensitive teeth, Sensodyne is a great toothpaste to help desensitize your teeth.
2. It is encouraged to practice excellent oral hygiene to prepare your gums for orthodontic treatment. Ask Dr. Heidi Harman for suggestions during your initial consultation.
3. It may feel uncomfortable at first, but this feeling will go away and become more natural.
4. Chewing may also be difficult and consumption of certain foods may be impossible at first, but unlike traditional braces, Invisalign® treatment is designed for you to be able to remove during meals and to brush and floss. Ask Dr. Harman for a list of foods to avoid during those first few weeks as well.
5. Your brushing routine may need to be amped up a bit or altered to fit into your schedule.
There are many benefits that come with Invisalign® including improved self-esteem and better dental health, and thanks to Invisalign®, you can straighten your teeth invisibly. Contact Dr. Harman at 913.782.7223 or visit H2Orthodontics when and if you are in the Overland Park, KS area to start your journey with Invisalign®